AVR®: Switching Between Programming and Power Options with Xplained Mini
In this video:
- Alternate between ISP and debugWIRE interface (toggling the power after using SPI to enable the Debug Wire Enable (DWEN) Fuse).
- Switch to ISP from debugWIRE: While debugging, selecting "Disable debugWIRE and close", now able to select ISP.
- Open the Programming dialog box in ISP mode to read the fuse settings.
- Program the Clout Out (CKOUT) fuse to put the AVR® MCU clock out on the COUT pin.
- Run the ATmega328P Xplained Mini at:
- 5 V - reading a clock frequency of 16 MHz.
- 3 V - reading a clock frequency of 8 MHz.
- Understand speed vs. voltage of the AVR MCU from the datasheet.