Harmony Files created after clicking the "Generate" button:
After using MHC to configure the Harmony Framework, you will click the "Generate" button to generate the source files.
At this point, you will be asked if you want to save the current MHC configuration. If you save it, this file will be generated:
- <project config name>.mhc
- This file captures all the selections you make in the MHC GUI.
The MHC configuration file can be shared or copied to duplicate a complete set of configuration selections.
MHC will then generate new source files based on your selections. You will be happy to know it doesn't blindly overwrite the existing source files (unless you tell it to). You will be asked if you want to "overwrite local changes". You will probably want to leave this box unchecked. The unchecked box allows you to identify and keep any changes you may have made to source files modified by MHC. This is accomplished with the help of a merge window (diff utility) which is automatically opened for you. Clicking "Save Merge and Continue" (top right corner) will save the merged file as it is shown in the window on the right side.
The following files will be generated by MHC (Additional files may also be generated based on your Harmony Framework configuration selections):
Application and Main files:
- app.c & app.h
- Implements your application's logic
- Contains the "main()" function and little else
- Defines all static build options
- System-wide prototypes and definitions
- Initializes all libraries, applications and processor config bits
- system_interrupt.c (optional)
- Implements all interrupt vector stubs and calls all Interrupt Service Routines (ISRs)
- Calls all polled system logic and maintains system state
System configuration framework files for a specific project configuration:
- sys_clk_static.h & sys_clk_static.c
- Initialize the system clocks per MHC settings
- Initialize the system I/O ports per MHC settings
The following video provides a tour of the files generated by MHC
To view the following video full screen, click on the video title (view on YouTube).