The MPLAB® Harmony Configurator (MHC) graphical user interface extends the functionality of the MPLAB® X IDE. Before using the MHC, you need to install it.
Open the Plugins Window
In the MPLAB® X IDE, open the Plugins window by selecting from the main menu: Tools ▶ Plugins.
Select the MHC Plugin
- Select the "Available Plugins" tab
- Find the "MPLAB® Harmony Configurator" Plugin in the list
- Check the box beside it
- Click Install.
If your computer is not connected to the internet, you will not be able to use the "Available Plugins" tab. Do this instead:
- Click the "Downloaded" tab
- click "Add Plugins…"
- browse to the utilities\mhc folder in the Harmony install directory
- default is C:\Microchip\harmony\<version number>
- Select the "nbm" file and install
You can verify the plugin installed successfully by verifying the "MPLAB® Harmony Configurator" option is shown in the "Tools > Embedded" list.