The MPLAB® Harmony Configurator (MHC) makes it much easier to use the Harmony framework. This menu-driven and graphical user interface is an MPLAB® X IDE plug-in module that extends the functionality of the IDE. It takes care of the overhead and over-all structure of Harmony based projects, allowing you to focus on generating the code for your specific application.
MHC also includes the MPLAB® Harmony Graphics Composer (MHGC). This GUI based tool allows you to easily configure and visually design your graphics using the Harmony Graphics Library.
MHC performs the following tasks for you:
- Adds the Harmony source files needed for your project
- Generates some Harmony framework source files (based on your MHC selections)
- Generates starter Harmony application source files
- Creates a starter state machine for your application
- Adds minimum functions required for a Harmony project
- "#include"s all source files needed
- Generates starter Harmony system source files
- Initializes the PIC32 (based on your MHC selections for core, clock, & peripherals)
- Initializes Harmony drivers (based on your MHC selections)
- Creates stub functions for interrupt service routines
- Saves your current MHC selections so they can be imported into another project
To view the following video full screen, click on the video title (view on YouTube).
MHC User Interface:
1) Open the MPLAB® Harmony Configurator by clicking:
Tools ▶ Embedded ▶ MPLAB® Harmony Configurator
2) MPLAB® Harmony Framework Options
Configures the Harmony Framework through drop-down selections provided in a menu format.
3) Clock Configurator
Graphically configures the PIC32 oscillator module through drop-down selections.
4) Graphical Pin Manager
Graphically configures the PIC32 pins.
- Analog vs digital
- Inputs vs outputs
- Pin functionality using Peripheral Pin Select (PPS)
MHC Tutorial Videos
Learn more >