Installing the MPLAB® XC32 Compiler
Choose your operating system from the tabs below:
Go to the location where you downloaded the installer. Unzip the downloaded file and run the installer:
Depending on your Windows security settings, you may get a window asking if you are sure you want to run this program. Answer "Yes".
If you want to use the C++ compiler, click on the link for a free XC32++ license. This will unlock the C++ features of XC32.
- Have activated a license on a previous version of MPLAB xc32
- You wish to use the free version of the compiler (some optimization features disabled)
simply click Next >.
Otherwise, choose to:
- Purchase a license (to receive an activation key that will unlock the Standard or Pro optimization features)
- Use the Pro evaluation version (reverts to free version after 60 days)
- Provide an activation key.
Click Next >.