References for further reading
These papers are relevant to the topic of three-phase PWM and space vector modulation. Some are available for download on university websites; the rest require IEEE Xplore® access.
Pulse-width modulation overview
- Pulsewidth Modulation — a Survey, J. Holtz, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics vol 39, issue 5 (Oct 1992), pp. 410-420.
- Pulsewidth Modulation for Electronic Power Conversion, J. Holtz, Proceedings of the IEEE vol 82, issue 8 (Aug 1994), pp. 1194-1214. Also on the University of Wuppertal website.
Relationship between ZSM and CSVPWM
- The Significance of Zero Space Vector Placement for Carrier-Based PWM Schemes, D.G. Holmes, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications vol 32, issue 5 (Sep/Oct 1996), pp. 1122-1129.
- A High-Performance Generalized Discontinuous PWM Algorithm, A.M. Hava, R.J. Kerkman, and T.A. Lipo, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications vol 34, issue 5 (Sep/Oct 1998), pp. 1058-1071. Also on the University of Wisconsin website.
- Simple Analytical and Graphical Methods for Carrier-Based PWM-VSI Drives, A.M. Hava, R.J. Kerkman, and T.A. Lipo, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics vol 14, issue 1 (Jan 1999), pp. 49-61. Also on the University of Wisconsin website.
- Relationship Between Space-Vector Modulation and Three-Phase Carrier-Based PWM: A Comprehensive Analysis, K. Zhou and Z. Wang, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics vol 49, issue 1 (Feb 2002), pp. 186-196.
- Two-Reaction Theory of Synchronous Machines, Generalized Method of Analysis — Part I, R.H. Park, Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers vol 48, issue 3 (July 1929), pp. 716-727.
- Design and Experimental Results of a Brushless AC Servo Drive, G. Pfaff, A. Weschta, and A.F. Wick, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications vol IA-20, issue 4 (July 1984), pp. 814-821.
- Analysis and Realization of a Pulsewidth Modulator Based on Voltage Space Vectors, van der Broeck, Skudelny, and Stanke, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications vol 24, issue 1 (Jan/Feb 1988), pp. 142-150.
- Influence of the Modulation Method on the Conduction and Switching Losses of a PWM Converter System, J.W. Kolar, H. Ertl, and F.C. Zach, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications vol 27, issue 6 (Nov/Dec 1991), pp. 1063-1075.
Microchip Technology acquires Atmel