What is the MPLAB® Mindi™ Analog Simulator?
The MPLAB® Mindi™ Analog Simulator is a free, stand-alone simulator software that reduces circuit design time and design risk. It simulates analog circuits prior to hardware prototyping. The simulation tool uses a SIMetrix/SIMPLIS simulation environment, with options to use SPICE or piecewise linear modeling, that can cover a very wide set of possible simulation needs. This capable simulation interface is paired with proprietary model files from Microchip to model specific Microchip analog components in addition to generic circuit devices. Finally, this simulation tool installs and runs locally on the user’s own PC. Once downloaded, no internet connection is required and the simulation run time is not dependent on a remotely located server. The result is fast, accurate analog circuit simulation.
- MPLAB Mindi simulation files and models are also compatible with commercial versions of SIMetrix/SIMPLIS
- What is SIMPLIS?
- What is the SIMetrix Analog and Mixed-Signal Simulator?
MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator Features
- Enables circuit design with Microchip’s analog products
- You can test ideas, changes or trade-offs in simulation prior to creating hardware
- Problems can be found in simulation, saving time and effort from hardware fixes
- Hardware bugs can be compared to analog simulation results to help troubleshoot development problems
MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator Benefits
- Run the simulation tool directly on your own PC; once installed no internet connection is required
- Choose from SPICE or piecewise linear SIMPLIS models for accurate results in fast simulations
- Model a wide variety of analog systems using standard or Microchip proprietary component models
- Generate time or frequency domain responses for open and closed loop systems
- Perform AC, DC and transient analysis
- Use sweep modes to identify circuit sensitivities to device behaviors, load variations, or tolerances
- Validate system response, control and stability
- Identify problems before building hardware
MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator Application Schematics/Model Types
- Operational Amplifiers (Op-Amp)
- Instrumentation Amplifiers
- Active Filter Circuits
- MOSFET and Motor Drivers
- PWM and non-PWM Power Controllers
- Power Modules
- LED Drivers
- Switching Regulators
- Generic Switch and Passive Components
Who Should Use MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator?
- Sophisticated customers with their own analog simulation capabilities benefit from the new model files
- More constrained customers will benefit from getting free access to analog simulation environment, application schematics and models