The capabilities of MPLAB® X IDE can be enhanced with plug-ins . A plug-in is a code module, or applet which adds functionality to MPLAB X IDE. Plug-ins are distributed in files called NetBeans Modules, or NBMs. Plug-in files have the suffix *.nbm. Many are developed or supported by Microchip. Others are provided by third parties.
Plug-ins are managed from the Plug-ins Window. From there you can:
- Install plug-ins supplied by Microchip
- Install plug-ins supplied by third parties
- View installed plug-ins
- Configure the settings of installed plug-ins
- Update installed plug-ins
Examples of Available Plug-ins
Among the plugins available for MPLAB X IDE are:
- Data Monitor and Control Interface (DMCI)
- Microchip Code Configurator (MC²)
- SMPS Buck Development Board Graphical User Interface (SMPSGUI)
- Graphics Display Designer (GDD)
- Proteus VSM Viewer
- Segger J-Link Debug Module
A comprehensive list of the plug-ins can be found in the Plug-ins Window. You will see a list of all the available and installed plug-ins for your installation of MPLAB X IDE.