MPLAB® X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a software program that runs on a PC (Windows®, Mac OS®, Linux®) to develop applications for Microchip PIC® microcontrollers and dsPIC® digital signal controllers.
MPLAB X IDE provides an extensive array of features for developing and debugging applications on any device from the PIC microcontroller product family. However, as with any feature-rich program, it can be a challenge to learn to use all of its capabilities or even to find out what all of those capabilities are. The goal of this section of the Developer Help site is to help you to discover and learn how to use the many available features that are sure to simplify and enhance your development activities.
Self Paced Training
Most of the material you will find in these training modules exists elsewhere on this site in a general reference format. However, the training modules present it in an organized, step-by-step sequence along with commentary from one of our instructors to help you learn the topic from the ground up. In addition, many modules include hands-on exercises to help reinforce the concepts presented.
MPLAB® X IDE Tools and Techniques
- Get Started with MPLAB X IDE and Microchip Tools
- Intermediate Debugging Techniques with MPLAB X IDE (Work in progress)
- Advanced Debugging Techniques with MPLAB X IDE (Planned)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What tools do I need to develop PIC microcontroller applications?
- Why does the dashboard window always reopen at the top left even after I've moved it elsewhere?